College of Arts and Sciences

Kline Undergraduate Research Endowment

The research endowment includes up to $2450 for the student, $525 for chemicals and supplies, and $525 for instrument maintenance to support the applicant’s research experience over a ten-week period during the summer. The next deadline for this endowment is TBD.


  • Must be a current student in good standing with current institutional policies.
  • Must be a chemistry major who may have a strong interest in a career in a health science.
  • Must be selected on the basis of merit of an original research proposal.
  • Must be sponsored by a member of the research faculty in the Department of Chemistry.
  • Must have completed 8 semester hours of organic chemistry (CHEM 3010 and 3020 or equivalent). The scholarship may be offered in the spring, pending successful completion of both courses by the following fall or before using the scholarship funds.
  • Must choose a professor who is willing to oversee the student’s work in his or her lab.
  • Must provide progress reports as requested by the Chemistry Department Research Committee.
  • Must provide a final written report. The report will cover the progress made toward the research proposal. If the student does not reach the final proposal, the report should include an explanation of why.
  • The scholarship may be renewed if the current recipient receives a satisfactory progress report on research conducted in previous years.

A completed application will consist of a TTU Scholarship application on ScholarWeb (completed by 12/1/17), an original research proposal written according to the requirements for the TTU Student Research Grant Program, and a one-page essay discussing the applicant’s educational and professional aspirations; in addition to any financial need. All completed applications should be forwarded as a single PDF via email to Dr. William R. Carrol ( by the deadline indicated above.

Recipients of a TTU URECA! Mini Grant or CISE Grant for summer 2018 are ineligible to apply. For more information please contact Dr. Carroll or go to: