Exceptions to the approved list of TTU General education courses are allowed only in these instances:
- Equivalent courses transferred from non-TBR institutions (evaluated case-by-case).
- Courses taken at TTU through spring 2004 that have been designated as blanket exceptions.
Each course applied to TTU General Education requirements must meet the outcomes listed for its area.
This policy applies to Arts & Sciences students who began meeting College requirements under the 132-hour program and have switched to the 120-hour program. For these students, courses taken before summer 2004 to meet the "General Requirements for a Baccalaureate Degree" (Undergraduate Catalog, July 2002, pp. 66-67) may be used to meet the new General Education Core Requirements in the following manner:
- Social Science courses may be used to meet requirements in Social/Behavioral Sciences.
- Foreign Language and Fine Arts courses may be used to meet requirements in Humanities/Fine Arts.
- Science courses may be used to meet requirements in Natural Sciences.
- Mathematics courses may be used to meet requirements in Mathematics.