Humanities and Fine Arts
Proposing a new course for General Education credit: (1) Mark the relevant outcomes, (2) briefly explain how each will be addressed in the course, (3) attach to the course proposal.
Requesting a course substitution: (1) Check the outcomes met by the substituted course, (2) attach to a completed Undergraduate Course Substitution Form .
Four (4) or more learning outcomes must be met for any course(3) in this category.
Students will demonstrate the ability to....
- Analyze significant primary texts and works of art, ancient, pre-modern, and modern, as forms of cultural and creative expression.
- Explain the ways in which humanistic and/or artistic expression throughout the ages expresses the culture and values of its time and place.
- Explore global/cultural diversity.
- Frame a comparative context through which they can critically assess the ideas, forces, and values that have created the modern world.
- Recognize the ways in which both change and continuity have affected human history.
- Practice the critical and analytical methodologies of the Humanities and/or Fine Arts.