Proposing a new course for General Education credit: (1) Mark the relevant outcomes, (2) briefly explain how each will be addressed in the course, (3) attach to the course proposal.
Requesting a course substitution: (1) Check the outcomes met by the substituted course, (2) attach to a completed Undergraduate Course Substitution form .
All learning outcomes must be met for any course(s) in this category.
Students will demonstrate the ability to....
- Build on (not replicate) the competencies gained through the study of two years of high school algebra and one year of high school geometry.
- Use mathematics to solve problems and determine if the solutions are reasonable.
- Use mathematics to model real world behaviors and apply mathematical concepts to the solution of real-life problems.
- Make meaningful connections between mathematics and other disciplines.
- Use technology for mathematical reasoning and problem solving.
- Apply mathematical and/or basic statistical reasoning to analyze data and graphs.