College of Arts and Sciences

International Substitution Request

  1. Coursework. Any course taken while in a foreign country may be presented for General Education credit if it meets the required learning outcomes in a particular category of the General Education program. For lists of learning outcomes, see General Education Learning Outcomes at To request credit, the student should meet with his or her advisor, preferably before leaving for the international experience, and fill out the form, "Study Abroad Transfer Credit Form ." The advisor contacts the appropriate department chair to establish that the learning outcomes will be met and to determine if general education credit should be granted. The advisor and student ensure that the form has the necessary signatures before sending it to the Graduation Office, DH102.
  2. Experiential credit. Normally, TTU does not grant credit toward General Education requirements for international experiences other than formal coursework.