Most TTU Pre-Med students begin in the Pre-Medicine Curriculum (non-degree) and later declare a major to complete a Bachelor's degree. Medical schools accept any major, so students are encouraged to explore a major according to his/her interests and strengths.
- Official MCAT Content Outlines from AAMC
- MCAT 2015 Resources
- ChemMED recommended: www.studentdoctor.net
Medical Schools with Successful TTU Graduates:
- East Tennessee State University College of Medicine - http://www.etsu.edu/com
- University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Medicine - http://www.uthsc.edu/Medicine
- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine - http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/
- Meharry Medical College School of Medicine - http://www.mmc.edu/
- University of Alabama School of Medicine - http://www.uab.edu/medicine/home/
- University of South Alabama College of Medicine - http://www.usahealthsystem.com/com
- University of Kentucky College of Medicine - http://www.mc.uky.edu/medicine/
- Wake Forest School of Medicine - http://www.wakehealth.edu/MD-Program/
- Johns Hopkins School of Medicine - http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/
- Lincoln Memorial University Debusk College of Osteopathic Medicine - http://www.lmunet.edu/DCOM/
- Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM) - http://www.vcom.vt.edu/
- Pikeville College School of Osteopathic Medicine (PCSOM) - http://www.upike.edu/College-of-Osteopathic-Medicine
- West Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine - http://www.wvsom.edu/
Kansas City University College of Osteopathic Medicine - http://www.kcumb.edu/admissions/
What do I need to know about the MCAT?
All the important MCAT information can be found online at the MCAT FAQ page.
How can I prepare for the MCAT?
Our advisors recommend reviewing the AAMC Topic Outlines (for the 2011-2014 MCAT) and the official MCAT guide (~$30) while you study for your courses at TTU. Our students have found these resources and the free online resources available at www.studentdoctor.net are helpful.
What is a typical timeline for applying to medical school?
The typical timeline is described in the official AAMC webpage. Our TTU pre-professional faculty advisors understand that many students will follow an "atypical timeline," and we welcome you to our office to discuss your perticular needs and goals.
What activities will help me get into medical school?