The minimum requirement for admission into a pharmacy school is two or three years of undergraduate coursework, however, many competitive students will have completed a four year degree program prior to beginning pharmacy school. The following options exist at Tennessee Tech:
(1) begin in the Pre-Pharmacy curriculum (non-degree) at Tennessee Tech and later change into a degree granting curriculum to receive a B.S. from Tennessee Tech, then apply for admission into pharmacy school. Currently, pharmacy school admissions using option (1) are increasing and admissions using options 2&3 are decreasing.
(2) complete two or three years of undergraduate work as required by the pharmacy school including specific pharmacy school requirements, apply and if admitted, complete the clinical program and receive a degree from the pharmacy school (no degree from Tennessee Tech), or
(3) complete three years of specified courses in the pre-pharmacy concentration of the "Applied Chemistry" Curriculum at Tennessee Tech, apply and if admitted, receive a B.S. degree in chemistry from Tennessee Tech after successfully completing one year of pharmacy school (a PharmD is awarded from the pharmacy school after completion of the 4-year clinical program).
Pharmacy Schools with successful TTU graduates:
- East Tennessee State University (Johnson City, TN) Bill Gatton College of Pharmacy - PHARMCAS Requirement List
- Mercer University (Atlanta, GA)
- Samford University (Birmingham, AL)
- Auburn University (AL) - Harrison School of Pharmacy - http://pharmacy.auburn.edu/
- Cambell University College of Pharmacy (NC) - http://www.campbell.edu/cphs/
- Creighton University School of Pharmacy (NE) - http://pharmacy.creighton.edu
- Appalachian College of Pharmacy (VA) - http://www.acp.edu/
- South University (GA) - http://www.southuniversity.edu/nursing-and-health-professions-programs/pharmacy-degrees-29211.aspx
- University of Illinois at Chicago College of Pharmacy - http://www.uic.edu/pharmacy/