- Historians as Educators: Universities, community colleges, elementary schools, secondary schools, museums.
- Historians as Researchers: Museums, historical organizations, cultural resources management, historic preservation, think tanks.
- Historians as Communicators: Writers, editors, journalists, scholarly publishing, documentary editing, producer multimedia material, archivist, records manager, librarians, information manager.
- Historians as Advocates: Lawyers, paralegals, litigation support, legislative staff work, foundations.
- Historians in Businesses & Associations: Corporations, consultants and contractors, nonprofit associations.
This information is courtesy of American Historical Association - www.historians.org