Hosting an Approved Event
- Contact the guest or the guest's agency
Confirm the specific terms of the event
date & time
expenses to be covered
- Confirm availability of the venue
The venue must be able to accommodate technical requirements and expected audience size
Take into consideration whether the campus space is appropriate for all of the elements of the event, including any reception or other related activities
- Identify additional needs for the event
Equipment - musical instruments, music stands, podium, chairs, etc.
Supplies - including dressing room requirements
Technical resources - video/sound technician, microphones, sound system, projector, etc.
Identify student participants needed for duties such as ushering, distributing programs, moving equipment, etc.
- Gather information for publicity and program
Request information directly from the guest or agency
Access the guest or agency website
All photos need to be high resolution. If possible, try to use photos that are more interesting than a standard headshot.
Forward publicity and program information to the Center Stage Coordinator. All press releases and other publicity for on- and off-campus events must come from the Center Stage Office.
- Arrange local transportation for the performer
- Assist with other needs, such as meals
Center Stage Coordinator
- Execute contract with the performer/agency
- Arrange local accommodations and shuttle transportation to and from the Nashville airport for the guests
- Reserve campus space
- Arrange technical assistance and necessary equipment
- Order food for receptions through Chartwell's catering
- Arrange publicity through TTU Communications and Marketing
- Print programs
- Coordinate functions at the event
Scanning student IDs
- Execute payment for the performer/agency