Students should submit their application or any questions to the committee at email@example.com. Students are also encouraged to visit their student success center for more information.
- Create an electronic portfolio consisting of the following:
- Submit these to the I&E committee via firstname.lastname@example.org
- The plan of study will give initial approval to your plan for the I&E certificate. This will guide your planning for courses and I&E activity to meet the certificate requirements
- If you alter your plan, you must resubmit the amended plan
- The plan can be submitted at anytime prior to or with the application. It is encouraged however that students submit their plan prior to engaging in the first I&E experience.
- The I&E certificate requires evidence of innovative and entrepreneurial activity. By definition, these activities must be directed by the student with all or a majority of the activity taking place outside of traditional classroom, instructor-driven settings. The requirements for achieving 6 hours equivalent experience are the following:
- Required to be two distinct activities (maximum 3 equivalent credit hours assigned to any one activity)
- The activity must include innovative effort, entrepreneurial effort, or both. Possible topics include:
- Competing in innovation or entrepreneurship type contests, such as the Eagle Works Competition
- Independent research, presented at a public forum
- Starting a small business based on an innovative idea
- Taking part in an organized program to mentor and train young innovators or entrepreneurs (for example Launch TN programs)
- Document a minimum of 126 hours for each of the two activities (252 total hours)
- One activity (3 equivalent hours) must include working on a interdisciplinary team, where interdisciplinary means working with peers outside your degree department (EX: nursing students working with engineering students)