- Activate Your Account
We have begun the transition from Kaltura to YuJa.
As part of the transition agreement, YuJa will provide support in migrating video content and limited assistance in relinking content in iLearn. In order for your media to be included in the migration, you will need to log in to iLearn and activate your YuJa account. Once you have activated your account, you will be able to begin using YuJa.
*Any video created in Kaltura after June 25th will not be included in the migration to YuJa.
**If you are teaching summer school second term, you can still use Kaltura until the end of the term. But any video you create using Kaltura after June 25, will have to be manually downloaded from Kaltura, then uploaded to YuJa.
NOTE: We will continue to update and add resources to this page as we move through the transition. To learn more about the transition process and how you might be affected, visit the Transition Plan and Information page.
Transitioning from Kaltura
Login to iLearn and the YuJa Media portal beginning June 15, 2021
- Create an Account
- How to begin re-Linking videos
- Download the YuJa Capture Software for TTU machines
Kaltura access will end once the migration is complete. The current deadline is September 30, 2021.
- To access Kaltura during this time, go to https://media.tntech.edu/ and login with your TTU credentials.
- Downloading Kaltura Videos
For the full transition timeline visit our YuJa Media timeline page.
About the Media Player
Creating and Uploading Media
- Create a Recording with the Caption Application
- Create a Recording using the Browser Capture Studio (web-based)
- Uploading Media
- Bulk Uploading Media
- Linking to YouTube Videos
- Linking to Vimeo Videos
- Re-link videos after they have been migrated
- Adding Media to Content in iLearn
- Downloading and uploading Kaltura to YuJa
Managing and Sharing Media
- Video Editor Overview
- Remove the Recording Toolbar from Video
- Trim Start or Trim End in the Video Editor
- Trim from the Middle of a Video
- Using the Undo and Save in the Video Editor
- Editing Captions
- Changing a Thumbnail
- Adding Telestrations (annotations) on your Videos
- Adjusting Audio Levels
- Editing Video Chapters
- Creating Video Quizzes
- Adding to iLearn
- Grading Short Answer Quizzes
- Managing and Editing Existing Quizzes
- Understanding Question Types
- Adding Media in iLearn
- Link to Video Quiz
- Re-linking videos after they have been migrated
When we say re-linking the videos from Kaltura to YuJa, we are referring to the fact that links directly to Kaltura videos in your course (content, announcements, etc) will need to be changed to point to your videos on YuJa. Once Kaltura is gone, links that point to Kaltura will not work.
- Creating Playlists and Linking to Content
- Sharing Media Links with Your Class
- Providing Links for Students in Quarantine
- Auto-Captioning Overview
- Accessibility Features in the Media Player
- Adding an Audio Description (it does this for you).
- We can customize the Auto-Caption dictionary. If you have words you use regularly, please let us know and we will add them to the dictionary so it can better interpret for the captions.
- The Word Cloud
- How to Enable and Use Windows Narrator
Additional Help and Resources
Please contact the Center for Innovation in Teaching and Learning at email@example.com or call 931-372-3675.