Master of Accountancy (MAcc)
Tennessee Tech University, College of Business, Cookeville, TN | 931.372.3600 | email@example.com
To prepare students for successful careers in accounting and business by emphasizing professional certification, critical reasoning skills, ethical conduct, effective oral and written communication, and the use of technology to research and solve accounting and business problems.
- All MAcc program requirements are satisfied online with the exception of two mandatory on-campus professional development weekends and the option to complete electives on campus or online.
- Fall admission only with a choice of a one year or a two year path to completion.
- 3.0 GPA required for graduation.
- No more than two grades of C allowed on transcript.
- Program of study (30 hours) includes:
- Financial Accounting (3)
- Auditing (3)
- Tax (6)
- Government/Non-profit (3)
- Ethics (1)
- Technology (2)
- Professional Development Weekends (2)*
- Professional Certification Preparation (4)**
- Elective (6)***
*On campus, one mandatory fall semester weekend and one mandatory spring semester weekend.
**Becker CPA Review runs throughout the program and students must take the entire CPA exam while enrolled.
***Electives may be taken on campus or online.
NOTE: Failure to complete the program within two years may result in the need to retake parts of the CPA exam.
Admission is open to qualified students with a bachelor’s degree in business administration with a major in accounting (or the equivalent) from an accredited institution. Applications are accepted for fall semester admission only. The application for admission should be received by the deadlines indicated on the Graduate College website.
Application deadline is July 1 (April 1 for international students) but candidate screening and admission decisions begin March 1. NOTE: Fulfilling the following application requirements does not guarantee acceptance into the MAcc program.
Required Documents for the MAcc Application
- Completion of TTU Graduate School Application
- Official transcripts of all prior college work
- One letters of recommendation
- Official Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score or the GRE ® General Test (GRE) score (recommended minimum score of 500 on the GMAT or GRE equivalent).
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (recommended)
- Proficient use of word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software including the integration of all three (required)
Note: For admission to the Master of Accountancy program, consideration is given to the applicant’s academic record, the formula score, the TOEFL or IELTS score (for international students), work experience and other activities that demonstrate potential for leadership, as well as recommendations from professors and work supervisors. Consideration is given to the applicant’s work experience and other activities that demonstrate potential for successful completion of the program.
- All international applicants must complete additional steps for admission consideration. Contact the TTU Graduate School or the College of Business Office of Graduate Studies for these requirements.