In 2011, TTU's Department of Accounting began offering an opportunity for Accounting students to study international accounting and business and to include a visit to the United Kingdom during Spring Break as part of their educational experience. The course allows a student to earn three credit hours from a combination of classroom preparation and international travel. This has been offered each Spring since 2011 and is another example of the diverse opportunities offered by the Department.
- The trip is chaperoned by a minimum of two Accounting Faculty members.
- The trip lasts for 8 days.
- Funding for travel is provided by the University, with the remainder being provided by the students.
- Applications are available at the beginning of the Fall semester and are usually due by mid-October.
- The experience includes a mix of visits to manufacturing facilities, university campuses, accounting firms, as well as cultural sites such as Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Tower of London, and many other activities.