The Department offers two degree; a modern, innovative program that leads to a Bachelor's of Science in Business Administration Accounting Degree and a Master of Accountancy. Our program integrates technology and traditional accounting knowledge. Accounting graduates pursue careers in such areas as auditing, taxation, investments, public accounting, and accounting in business and government. Our accounting program is accredited by the Association for the Advancement of Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the highest accreditation achievable by an accounting program.
The B.S.B.A. accounting program is structured on a firm base of liberal arts education courses, a core area of business studies, and accounting specialization. We seek to prepare students from culturally diverse backgrounds for accounting and accounting related careers. In the degree, the Department seeks to:
- Develop an analytical approach to sound business decisions and the ability to effectively communicate these decisions to others.
- Develop understanding and appreciation of the social, ethical, legal, political, and economic environment of business.
- Promote appreciation of the civic and social obligations of business managers.
- Develop understanding and appreciation of business in its international context.
- Equip students to respond to the demands of accounting and business in a changing technological environment.
- Develop a professional attitude and provide the foundation for professional competence in accounting.
The TTU Undergraduate Catalog provides an excellent program of study showing the courses that lead to a BSBA with a major in Accounting, and when students would typically be expected to take those courses.
The Department offers up to 21 credit hours of upper division accounting online annually. These courses provide students access to our outstanding accounting curriculum without needing to come to class for daily class meetings. The courses are designed and taught by our experienced PhD faculty members.
For more information, go to Online Courses