Where do I begin?
All students with an interest in business are advised by our award-winning Student Success Center. During your first year, you affiliate as a freshman with the College, and at the end of your sophomore year you select a major. During your junior and senior years, you will be advised by a faculty member in your chosen major.
The College offers a B.S.B.A. degree that is structured on a firm base of general education courses, a core area of business studies, and an area of specialization. We seek to prepare students from culturally diverse backgrounds for careers in business. In the degree, the College seeks to:
- Develop an analytical approach to sound business decisions.
- Develop understanding and appreciation of the social, ethical, legal, political, and economic environment of business.
- Promote appreciation of the civic and social obligations of business managers.
- Develop understanding and appreciation of business in its international context.
- Equip students to respond to the demands of business in a changing technological environment.
- Create a professional attitude and provide the foundation for professional competence in a chosen career specialization.
The business program includes studies in three major categories: general education, the business core, and a major filed of specialization. The first two years (60 credit hours) of business students' academic program is spent in the Basic Business program.
UNDERGRADUATE AREAS OF STUDY
- Business Management
- International Business and Cultures
- Music, Music Performance Concentration, Music Business Option, B.M.
Minor In Business!
Want your destination to be a major success? Get a minor in business! A minor in business will compliment whatever degree path you are on and make it more valuable.
A minor in business consists of:
- ACCT 3720
- BMGT 3510
- MKT 3400
- FIN 3210
- LAW 3810
Students must complete ECON 2010-20 for the social science component of their general education requirements or as general electives.
Start now by contacting the College of Business Student Success Center at 931-372-3371, or come by room 107.
In addition to our business majors, the College of Business works with several departments across campus that offer programs of study with a business component in their curricula. These include: