- An undergraduate degree from an accredited school or program
State and federal laws require colleges and universities to be authorized to offer online degree programs in states other than their own. Click here for a list of states where Tennessee Technological University is authorized to offer online degrees. If you do not see your state listed, you will be unable to enroll in any online programs offered by Tennessee Tech.
- Last Day for International Applicants to Apply for Summer 2015 Admission: February 1
- Last Day for US Applicants to Apply for Summer 2015 Admission: May 1
- Last day for International Applications to apply for Fall 2015 Admission: April 1
- Last Day for US Applicants to apply for Fall 2015 Admission: July 1
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.50 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Satisfactory test scores on EITHER the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT--minimum required score of 450) OR the General Record Exam (GRE--minimum required score of 146 Verbal Reasoning and 150 Quantitative Reasoning). Applicants may request to waive the standardized test requirement if they have completed an advanced terminal degree or master's degree with a substantial quantitative component. This waiver is not guaranteed and the request must be made in writing.
- Minimum score of 1,000 on the index formula: [(GPA x 200) + GMAT] or 1,050 for the last 60 hours of undergraduate work.
- Statement of Computer Proficiency - Students must be proficient in the use of word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software including the integration of all three.
International student applications for the MBA Program must be filed at least 6 months in advance with the Graduate School. In addition to the standard admission requirements, international students must also complete the following:
International students from non-English speaking countries must submit satisfactory scores on either the TOEFL, IELTS, PTE Academic, FLS International Language Center, ELS Language Centers, TOEIC, CEFR, or SLEP exams.
Official Test Score Reports Required for Admission to MBA Program
|Test||Score at least|
|TOEFL||550 paper-based (79 iBT)|
|FLS International Language Center||Level 8|
All applicants for admission must meet the following requirements:
- Verification of adequate financial support from parents or sponsors, including the amount and length of time funds will be provided.
- Verification of sponsor's ability to provide support from a financial institution where funds are on deposit.
- Submission of one letter of recommendation (true letters preferred over the PDF form).
- Submit Official transcripts: Bachelor's degree and any institutions attended since that time. Official transcripts are sent directly from the institution to Tennessee Tech, not submitted by the student. International students may submit attested transcripts.
- Submit Student Health Form. The following vaccinations are required:
- TWO doses of the MMR vaccine
- TWO doses of the Varicella (chicken pox) vaccine
- Negative result on a TB skin test. Test must be taken within 6 months prior to registration
Non-immigrant students already in the U.S. must submit the following additional documents:
- Photocopy of passport
- Photocopy visa
- Photocopy of I-94
- Photocopy of all previously issued I-20s
A lawful permanent resident of the United States (holder of a "green card") may be required to take the English Placement Test or other tests to determine proficiency in English and the necessity for taking courses in English.
All application materials become the property of the University and will not be returned to the applicant regardless of whether admission is approved or denied.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Graduate Admissions Office
Phone: (931) 372-3808
Pre-MBA Foundation Modules
*Note: The Accounting concentration electives still require satisfactory grades in Intermediate I, Intermediate II, Tax, Cost and Audit undergraduate classes.
The Pre-MBA foundation modules were created to help non-business undergraduates prepare for the MBA program. Seven self-paced, non-credit Pre-MBA foundation modules are available over the following topics:
- Organizational Behavior
- Statistics/Quantitative Methods
- Business Law
Modules culminate in a competency-based validation exam.
"Having an engineering background with little exposure to accounting, management or finance, I found the pre-requisite modules to be vital in getting me up to speed with my business-major peers. I was able to complete the modules while working full-time because they were self-paced and didn’t require traveling to and from a campus.” - Aaron Anderson, Network Development Manager, BBS, BellSouth.
Pre-MBA foundation modules each have a price of $375. To purchase the Pre-MBA foundation modules, click here.