Friday, September 8 at 12 noon
American Bank & Trust of the Cumberlands is excited to announce a partnership with the TTU College of Business to select business majors for its first-ever College Advisory Board.
AB&T executives and College of Business alumni Marty Maynord and Ryan Smith, both of Livingston, TN, will introduce selected board members to banking as both a successful profession and a fulfilling opportunity for community service and community building.
Thursday, August 31
11:00-11:50am or 5:00-5:50pm
Johnson Hall 402
*You do not have to attend the information meeting to apply.
College Advisory Board Members will:
- Learn to conduct business in a boardroom setting with a purposeful agenda at each meeting
- Serve as officers of the board and experience leadership among peers and banking executives
- Observe and understand the variety of business backgrounds needed in the banking industry (human resources, marketing, finance, accounting, analytics, information technology)
- Experience banking and finances as they apply to customers and businesses in our communities (reviewing business loan applications, evaluating financials, etc)
- Collaborate as a group to present findings on assigned projects related to their experiences as an Advisory Board Member
Candidates must submit a complete application packet to be considered for the Advisory Board, including:
- online application
- resume (uploaded by the applicant to their application in Word or PDF format)
- two (2) letters of recommendation (uploaded by the applicant to their application in Word or PDF format) which speak to the candidate’s leadership, commitment, and character.
Incomplete applications or those submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Applicants who are selected to the Advisory Board can earn 3 credit hours for this experience in Spring 2018. More details to come.
- Open to any business majors of at least Junior Standing
- Must not have been convicted of a felony
- Must be in good standing academically(not on academic warning or Academic Probation at the time of application)
- Must be willing to commit to meeting attendance and full participation in board related activities and assignments
- First Meeting for selected board members: Friday November 3rd, 12:00-2:00PM
- Second Meeting for selected board members: Friday, December 1st, 12:00-2:00PM
So if you want an opportunity to experience for yourself the inter-workings and responsibilities of a corporate board, please apply ….. send any questions to JGalloway@tntech.edu
What to do now: