Suicide Prevention Program
Suicidal issues are a concern everywhere including on college campuses. Here at TN
Tech Counseling Center, we are committed to addressing the issues related to suicide
on campus. Every semester, we offer QPR Suicide Prevention Training Opportunities.
If you or someone you know is feeling depressed, hopeless or suicidal - go ahead and ask the question: Are you feeling like you want to harm yourself?
If you or someone you know is feeling suicidal:
- Contact the RA if you are living in the residence halls
- Let a professor know if you are in class with someone that you are concerned about.
- Contact the TN Tech Counseling Center: 931-372-3331
- Call the Eagle Eye After Hours Crisis Hotline: 1-855-206-8997
- Contact Tennessee Tech Police Dept: 931-372-3234
- Call Volunteer Behavioral Health Mobile Crisis (aka Plateau): 1-800-704-2651
- Call the Tennessee Statewide Mental Health & Substance Use Crisis Line: 1-855-CRISIS-1
- Go to the Plateau Mental Health Walk In Center at 1200 S. Willow * Cookeville (south of I-40 on the left)
- Call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
FALL 2019 QPR Trainings
Tues Sept. 10 at 11 am
Tues Oct 29 at 11 am
Wed Nov 13 at 3pm
(All Fall 2019 Trainings are being held in the Tech Pride Room (TPR) in the RUC at no cost)
Ask a Question, Save a Life
The Tennessee Tech University Counseling Center in Cookeville, Tenn., received a three-year $278,466 campus suicide prevention grant from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMSHA) Division of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. This funding will go toward initiating the “#hopestrongeagles” Suicide Prevention Program. The Suicide Prevention Program is available to any TN Tech student who needs the program’s services. The program was developed by Christina Mick, Ed.D., Assistant Director of Clinical Services at the Counseling Center. Dr. Mick has worked diligently with the assistance of the TN Tech Office of Research to acquire the funding for this very competitive grant. The program officially kicked off October 1, 2015 on the TN Tech campus. The Grant ended on September 30, 2018, but the program is continuing.