Bachelor of Fine Arts: Glass Concentration
The glass program offers an exceptional opportunity for students to work and learn in a professionally equipped studio. The program provides a thorough technical foundation supported by a broad background in the history of glass and its changing relationship to art. The program begins by teaching traditional technical skills in glass, then students learn to "speak" through their hands with the functional ands sculptural objects they create.
Our hands-on program is perfect for students interested in learning the technical skills of glass blowing and developing a sense of design. Whether you are a person who has never touched glass before or someone who wants to refine your skills or continue to develop your glass portfolio, the glass program can help you achieve your objectives.
Small class size allows for in-depth, personal attention to each student. This individualized approach assists students in successfully reaching their goals. Through continual experimentation, presentations, and access to visiting artists, our students develop a personal aesthetic and exposure to a variety of career opportunities in glass. Students are exposed to all the elements required for operating and maintaining their own hot glass studio.
Glass Studio Profile
- Students have access to a high quality, well-equipped hot shop as well as a separate cold working shop.
- CLICK HERE for the Glass Undergraduate Catalog Course Summary.
- Glass BFA Checklist (PDF)
- For information, to arrange a tour, or to schedule a meeting with an instructor, contact Gail Gentry, student success coordinator, at 931-372-6891 or email@example.com.
- For advisement and assistance, contact the Art Department at 931-372-3738 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.