Information and Policies
Workshop Information & Policies
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older to participate in the workshop program.
Early Bird Discount
- Register before April 1, 2015 and receive 15% off workshop registration fees.
- Participants age 55+ receive 10% off Workshop Fees. Please notify the Craft Center of your eligibility when you register and be sure to bring your ID when you check in. Discount does not apply to Room & Board or Materials Fees.
- A 25% workshop discount is offered to all K-12 educators for any July 13-18, 2015, one-week workshop.
Tennessee Tech Discount
- A 50% discount of workshop fees is available to TTU students and staff throughout the year if they register within 30 days prior to the first day of a class with available seats. Be sure to present your valid Eagle card during check in.
TTU Alumni Discount
- A 25% workshop discount is offered to all TTU Alumni.
- Discounts apply to summer workshops only unless otherwise stated. All discounts are for workshop fees only and do not apply to materials fees or room & board. Only one discount may apply per registration. Discount recipients must provide proof of eligibility at workshop check-in.
Workshop Fees, Deposits & Policies
- A 50% deposit of the workshop fee is required to reserve space in a workshop.
- The workshop fee includes a $50 non-refundable, non-transferrable processing fee, per workshop.
- A $50 transfer fee is assessed for transferring to another workshop.
- The balance of the workshop fee is due 30 days prior to the first day of the workshop.
- If a participant cancels his/her workshop registration or wants to transfer to another workshop a minimum of 30 days prior to the first day of the workshop, the Craft Center can issue a refund or transfer the workshop deposit minus the $50 non-refundable, non-transferable processing fee.
- After that deadline, the Craft Center cannot issue a refund and cannot process fee transfers to another workshop due to faculty contracts, travel arrangements, and material acquisitions.
- If the Craft Center cancels a workshop, a full refund will be issued.
Supplies & Materials Fees
- For all classes, workshop participants receive a detailed materials list with their confirmation packets.
- Some workshops have material fees payable directly to the instructor. These fees cover the cost of materials and/or kits provided by the workshop instructor; see specific workshop descriptions.
- Evening Workshops / 6-9 pm / one night a week for 8 weeks / Spring & Fall sessions offered
Evening workshop check-in is from 5-6pm on the first evening of the workshop.
- Weekend/ Friday, 6:30-9:30 pm / Saturday, 9 am-5 pm* / Sunday, 9 am-2 pm
Weekend Workshop Check-in: 3-5pm on Friday.
- Half-week/Wednesday 6:30-9:30 pm / Thursday-Saturday 9 am - 5 pm* / Sunday 9 am - 2 pm
Half-week Workshop Check-in: 3-5pm on Friday.
- One-week /Monday, 6:30-9:30pm / Tuesday-Friday, 9am-5pm* / Saturday, 9am-2pm
One-week workshop check-in is from 2-5pm on Sunday.
*The studios are open in the evening at the discretion of the instructor, until 10:30pm.
Room & Board Information & Policies
- Weekend workshops: $196 - 50% deposit $98 (2 nights and 6 meals, single rooms not guaranteed)
- Half-week workshops: $392 - 50% deposit $196 (4 nights and 12 meals, single rooms not guaranteed)
- One-week workshops: $490 - 50% deposit $245 (5 nights and 15 meals, single rooms not guaranteed)
- To reserve space in housing, a 50% deposit of the room & board fee is required.
- The balance of the room & board fee is due no later than 30 days prior to the first day of the workshop.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Each room has:
- Two Twin Beds, Dresser & Walk-in Closet
- Bathroom & Shower
- Linens, Pillows, Blankets & Towels
- Air Conditioning (in housing units, buildings and studios)
- A list of local accommodations, including campsites, is included in the confirmation packet and is available on the Craft Center’s website.
- Directions from Interstate 40: The Craft Center is approx. 60 miles east of Nashville and 120 miles west of Knoxville off Interstate 40. From I-40 take Exit 273 (Smithville/McMinnville) onto HWY 56 South for 6 miles. Cross Hurricane Bridge over Center Hill Lake and turn left immediately at the Craft Center sign. Follow the scenic 1.2 mile drive to the facility.
Nashville International Airport
- Nashville International Airport is approximately 1 hr. and 15 minutes west of the Craft Center off I-40. For more information contact the Airport Welcome Center at 615.275.1675 or visit www.flynashville.com.
- Transportation from the Airport: Travel to and from the Craft Center is the responsibility of the workshop participant. If you need transportation, and do not want to rent a car, there are limousine services available in the area, search online using keywords: cookeville tn limousines, for options.
Enjoy the on-site café for breakfast, lunch and dinner during weekend, one-week, and Intensive workshop sessions.
Friday dinner: 5:30-6:30pm
Saturday dinner: 5-6pm
Saturday & Sunday breakfast: 8am - 9am
Saturday & Sunday lunch: 12-1pm
- Half-week workshops
Dinner, 5:30-6:30pm (Wednesday of workshop check-in)
Breakfast, 8-9am (Thursday-Sunday)
Lunch, 12-1pm (Thursday-Sunday)
Dinner, 5:30-6:30pm (Thursday-Saturday)
- One-week workshops
Dinner, 5:30-6:30pm (Monday of workshop check-in)
Breakfast, 8-9am (Tues-Sat)
Lunch, 12-1pm (Tuesday-Sat)
Dinner, 5:30-6:30pm (Mon-Fri)