Welcome to the College of Education's 2+2 Program:
Bachelor of Science Degree in Elementary Education (K-5 Teacher Licensure)
>> ABOUT OUR 2+2 PROGRAM IN PARTNERSHIP WITH REGIONAL COMMUNITY COLLEGES
The College of Education offers a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education K-5 Licensure on the campuses of the following community colleges:
- Pellissippi State (Hardin Valley)
- Roane State (Crossville, Harriman, Oak Ridge, and Scott County)
- Motlow State (McMinnville and Moore County)
- Chattanooga (Chatt State Main Campus)
The convenience of the 2+2 program (120 credit hours) allows the applicant to complete the first 60 hours at their local community college before transferring to Tennessee Tech to complete the remaining 60 credit hours which are provided by TTU faculty at the community college site.
- 2+2 Program Enrollment is during the Fall semester only.
- Courses are scheduled as a full-time, cohort-based program of study (a cohort is the group of students who start and complete the program together) at the appropriate community college campus.
>> ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ELEMENTARY EDUCATION 2+2 PROGRAM
To be eligible to participate in the 2+2 program a student must complete the following processes:
- STEP 1: Apply online to Tennessee Tech University's Admissions Office, submit a Final High School transcript, Official College transcript and a $25 application fee.
- STEP 2: Submit an online 2+2 Intent to Participate Form by the preferred date of March 1st with unofficial transcripts. (The 2+2 Intent to Participate will open on October 2, 2017 for the Fall 2018 cohort)
- STEP 3: Apply online for admission to the
Teacher Education Program.
- Please wait until you are contacted by the Office of Teacher Education to complete the Interview Request form and the Background Check Process.
- STEP 4: Completion of Associate of Science in Teaching (AST) degree or Associate of Science general transfer degree requirements.
This booklet will give step-by-step instructions to help guide you through the entire admission process!
>> DEADLINES FOR FALL ADMISSION:
- Intent to Participate: Priority preference date: March 1st
- Full Admission to Tennessee Tech University: Due June 15th
- Full Admission to the Teacher Education Program: Due June 15th
If you are NOT earning an Associate of Science in Teaching (AST) degree from your Community College, please contact the Student Success Center for any additional requirements at 1-800-241-3896 or email
>> MORE ABOUT THE 2+2 PROGRAM: