- 2 years at your prospective community college (60 hrs)
- 2 years enrolled as a student at Tennessee Technological University (60 hrs)
- Fill out the online 2+2 Intent to Participate.
- Apply and complete requirements to be admitted to Tennessee Tech the designated deadline.
- Send an official copy of high school transcripts and transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended to the TTU Admissions Office.
- Apply and be admitted to the Teacher Education Program the designated deadlines.
- Complete all pre-requisite coursework.
If you have applied to the university, and not yet received your TNumber, you may visit the link below and look it up.
You may view the requirements for admission to the Teacher Education and apply online by visiting the Office of Teacher Education website.
***NOTICE: A TNumber (student ID) will be required for all Teacher Education Program form submissions. You will be assigned a TNumber after you have applied to the university.
There will be other instances candidates are required to come to the TTU Main Campus throughout the last two years of their program for Residency Seminars and/or edTPA Seminars.
Tennessee Tech gives $8 million through more than 600 departmental scholarships a year, based on a variety of criteria. Students must be admitted and apply by the December 1st deadline to ensure consideration. Supplemental documents for scholarships must be received by January 15th.
Admitted students who are transferring from a Tennessee community college who have completed a significant amount of coursework will be considered for the Tech Transfer Pride scholarship. This scholarship may be renewed for up to two additional years.
For more information on scholarships and financial aid, please be sure to contact: