Welcome to the College of Education's 2+2 Program:
Bachelor of Science Degree in Secondary Education (6-12 Teacher Licensure)
The College of Education plans to offer a Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education Chemistry 6-12 licensure program beginning Fall 2019 and a Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education Math 6-12 licensure program beginning Fall 2020 at the following campus sites:
- Roane State: Oak Ridge
The 2+2 Program is cohort-based* and begins in fall of each year. Candidates must submit the Intent to Participate by the March 1st deadline in order to be considered. Additional information about additional upcoming program deadlines, requirement submissions, and events will be provided to candidates after the Intent to Participate has been received.
*A cohort is the group of students who begin and complete the program together.
>> ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ELEMENTARY EDUCATION 2+2 PROGRAM
To be eligible to participate in the 2+2 program a student must complete the following processes:
- STEP 1: Apply online to Tennessee Tech University's Admissions Office, submit a Final High School transcript, Official College transcript, and a $25 application fee.
- STEP 2: Submit an online 2+2 Intent to Participate Form by the preferred date of March 1st with unofficial transcripts. (The 2+2 Intent to Participate will open on October 1, 2018 for the Fall 2019 cohort)
- STEP 3: Complete the requirements for admission to the
Teacher Education Program.
- Please wait until you are contacted by the Office of Teacher Education to complete the Interview Request form.
- STEP 4: Completion of Associate of Science in Teaching (AST) degree or Associate of Science general transfer degree requirements.
If you are NOT earning an Associate of Science in Teaching (AST) degree from your community college, please contact an advisor within the TTU College of Education to confirm coursework completion.
>> DEADLINE FOR FALL 2019 PARTICIPATION:
- INTENT TO PARTICIPATE: March 1, 2019
>> The 2+2 Application Instruction Guide Booklet is now available for applicants who plan to be admitted to the FALL 2019 2+2 cohort.
booklet was developed to walk candidates through each step of the
admission process in order to be fully accepted to the 2+2 Program. The
instruction booklet includes:
- Directory of important contacts
- Important program information
- Details about upcoming mandatory campus visits
- Step-by-step instructions for admission to the University and the Teacher Education Program
- ACT and Praxis CORE test prep resources
- Program checklist
- Important dates and deadlines