Art Studios & Classrooms
The Art Department conducts classes in a series of well-equipped classrooms and studio environments located on TTU's main campus and at the Appalachian Center for Craft campus near Smithville.
Bryan Fine Arts Building / Main Campus
The Bryan Fine Arts Building, located on Dixie Avenue on TTU's main campus and home to the art and music departments, opened in 1981. The building is named in honor of distinguished Tennessee composer and music educator Charles Faulkner Bryan who was also a music faculty member at TTU.
- The building is a 55,000 square-foot facility including 28 faculty offices/teaching studios, music classrooms and art classrooms, individual and small ensemble practice rooms, a large ensemble rehearsal space, a small recital hall, and Wattenbarger Auditorium, the university’s main concert venue.
- The Art Education Lab is in Room 248 and the Painting Studios are in Room 249.
- View a MAP and DIRECTIONS to the Bryan Fine Arts Building.
Foundation Hall / Main Campus
Foundation Hall is located at 242 East 10th Street, a short walk from TTU's historic Derryberry Hall on the main quad, and is the location of several university offices, including Art Department classrooms and studios for design (digital media), drawing and figure studies, art education, and 2D-design.
Appalachian Center for Craft / Satellite Campus
TTU's Appalachian Center for Craft an 87,000 sq. ft. facility located on more than 500 wooded acres overlooking Center Hill Lake near Smithville, Tennessee - approximately 25 miles west of the main campus off Interstate 40, Exit 273.
- The facility includes spacious studios, a retail gallery, exhibition galleries, administrative offices, a library, a cafe, student housing, and meeting/audio visual rooms.
- TTU’s Center for Craft promotes excellence in American craft by teaching tradition and innovation in technique, concept and design providing access to the highest quality craft education, professional artists, and career opportunities.
- CLICK HERE FOR MORE ABOUT THE CENTER FOR CRAFT > >