Bridges Early Intervention Resource Agency
Established in 2016, the BRIDGES Early Intervention Resource Agency was created to help support families, caregivers, and children with special needs from birth to age three.
- The agency works with the Tennessee Early Intervention System (TEIS), a division of the Tennessee Department of Education, and serves counties in the Upper Cumberland region.
- Our program provides home-based developmental therapy to children who have a diagnosed disability or have a developmental delay.
- Our staff visits homes to work with children with disabilities.
- The staff members help coach the families and model ways to interact with their child in order to improve their child’s development.
- Informational Brochures in English and Spanish
- Receiving Home-Based Developmental Therapy Assistance
Visit the Tennessee Early Intervention System (TEIS) website or call TEIS at 1-800-852-7157
- A referral must be made to TEIS. Anyone may make the referral, just call the toll-free number above.
- TEIS will arrange an evaluation to help determine if the child is eligible.
- If the child is eligible, TEIS will assign a Service Coordinator to the family.
- The Service Coordinator will help the family decide on the first set of goals and arrange Developmental Therapy if needed.
- If the family and Service Coordinator decide that Developmental Therapy is needed, the coordinator will contact the appropriate assistance program.
- Once a Service Coordinator contacts BRIDGES, we will assign a Developmental Therapist to the family and the therapist will contact the family to arrange the first visit.