Natural Playscape Project
Interactive Play & Creative Outdoor Learning Adventures
Tennessee Tech’s Child Development Lab (CDL) in the College of Education has been on the cutting edge of early childhood education for 30 years. The CDL is home to some of the most innovative education programs and experiences for both young learners and emerging young educators available in the Southeast.
About the CDL's Natural Playscape Project
The CDL is moving to a newly renovated space on campus and the children need a new playground. We envision a natural playscape for increased interactive play opportunities and creative hands-on, outdoor learning adventures.
From rocks and embedded tree stumps to climb and a tricycle path to activity-based flower and vegetable beds, and so much more - we need your help to make this vision of a nature-based playground a reality.
Research-Based Benefits of Nature Play
- Increased Creativity in Play
- Concentration & Impulse Control
- Improved Physical Coordination
- Stress Reduction
- Developing an Awareness of the Environment
We need YOUR help to take an exciting next step...
- Allow us continue to be the forerunners of unique early learning programs and lay the foundations for healthy minds and bodies. Please make your contribution today to this valuable and essential project.
How to Make a Contribution to the Natural Playscape Project
You can write a check:
- Make Payable To:
- TTU Foundation
- In Memo Line Write:
- CDL Playscape (or Playground)
- Mail To:
- Tennessee Tech University | TTU Box 1915 | Cookeville TN 38505
- OR Hand-Deliver To:
- Tennessee Tech's Derryberry Hall, Room 201 (1 William L. Jones Drive - on the campus quad)
- OR the CDL Office in Matthews Hall, Room 112 (same street address - on the camps quad)
- CDL delivery address will be updated after they move into their new location in Southwest Hall)
- Make Payable To:
Convenient, Secure Online Giving Option
Thank you for your support of healthy minds and bodies!
For more information, contact Angie Smith, CDL Director at 931-372-6262 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.