ttu logo

tennessee technological university

Curriculum & Instruction

Who is my advisor? Am I assigned to a specific advisor or may I see any advisor in Education?

  • Undergraduate Students: Our Student Success Center staff consists of several advisors ready to serve you. You may see any available advisor, but each student is assigned to a specific advisor familiar with the subject area.
  • Graduate Students: We have Graduate Faculty that advise students in each subject area. Just contact the department at 931-372-3181 or stop by Bartoo Hall room 311 for advisor assignment.

How do I make an appointment? When do I need to be advised?

  • All Undergraduate education majors are advised in the Student Success Center located in TJ Farr Building, Room 202. You may call (931) 372-6036 or (800) 241-3896 to set up an appointment to see an advisor. We also take walk-ins on a first-come basis. We encourage students to see an advisor anytime they have a question or concern. All students must see an advisor prior to registering for classes each term.
  • Graduate Students: Graduate students work with their advisor to make an advisement appointment each semester.

What are your admission requirements for your degree programs?

I would like to transfer to Tennessee Tech's College of Education, but I have some questions about how my previous coursework will transfer. Where do I start?

How do I get my registration information (Alternate PIN) each semester?

  • You will receive that information after you have been advised for the next semester. Current students will receive an email as to when they should come in for advisement for the next semester. Students, you can access your alternate pin after you have registered with it the first time. To do this click on your "student" tab in your eagle online account. Then click "registration", and then "select term", after you have selected the appropriate term you will click on "view banner ID (T#), registration times, advisor, post office box/combination, confirmation information". Your alternate pin is listed there after you have used it to register for the first time each semester.

What is the maximum number of hours I can carry each term? Can I get an approval for an overload?

  • Undergraduate: Students in good academic standing may carry up to 20 credit hours of coursework in a semester. Students wanting to take more than 20 hours must see an advisor to request an overload card.
  • Graduate: Graduate students can take up to 16 hours without filing an overload form. Please discuss your options with an advisor. Generally Graduate students only take 6-9 hours per semester.

I am on Academic Warning. What does that mean?

  • Warning means that your GPA (grade point average) for the semester has fallen below the minimum required standard. Warning does not prevent you from returning to school, but you should see an advisor for suggestions on improvement.

I am on Academic Probation. What does that mean?

  • Probation means that your GPA either for the semester or overall has fallen below the minimum required standard. You are in danger of suspension if grades do not improve.

How do I drop or withdraw from a class?

  • Undergraduate: Students should come to the College of Education Advising Center and speak with an advisor about dropping a class.
  • Graduate: Students should see their advisor about dropping a class.
  • ALL students should check university calendar for all deadlines.

How can I find out what my GPA is?

  • Log onto your personal academic information on the Eagle Online website. You will find your GPA information by going to "Student Records" the "Academic Transcripts."

When do I start my upper-division classes?

  • After you complete the general education curriculum, you coordinate with your advisor to apply for Teacher Education.

What do I do if a class is closed?

  • Email the course instructor asking for permission to enter the course. If permission is given, contact the department.