The Instructional Leadership program prepares graduate candidates seeking licensure for positions as school administrators in Tennessee.
- The Master of Arts degree (EDIL Major) degree program requires the completion of an approved program of graduate study with a minimum of 33 semester hours.
- The Education Specialist degree (ESIL Major) degree may be earned upon the completion of 30 semester hours of approved graduate level study beyond the M.A. degree.
- Each degree requires passing the Administrator's Praxis Exam.
- Praxis Information & Testing Dates
School Leaders Licensure Assessment (SLLA) Praxis Exam
Praxis II information, visit:
Tennessee Department of Education / BAL Conversion Information
Praxis Testing Requirements / Tech Procedural information (PDF)
- Licensure Information & Assistance
Office of Teacher Education
Campus Box 5092
Cookeville, TN 38505
- Resource Documents
Master of Arts Degree (EDIL) Program of Study Checklist (PDF)
Education Specialist Degree (ESIL) Program of Study Checklist (PDF)
INSL Field Experience Handbook (PDF)
INSL Benchmarks (PDF)