- Akenson, J. (in press). Tennessee Ernie Ford. Grove Dictionary of American Music.
- Akenson, J. (in press). The Bellamy Brothers. Grove Dictionary of American Music.
- Akenson, J. (2013). Teaching about the Georgia Old Time Fiddlers Convention 1913-1935. http://webdb.gsu.edu/dmg/mediaplayer/mediaplayer.cfm?file=/lib/wwwlib/Fiddlers_Convention/FC_5_Akenson.mov&thewidth=854&theheight=480.
- Akenson, J. (2013). Cover Photograph. Bluegrass Calendar: Bluegrass in Nashville. Roanoke, VA: Bluegrass Productions of Virginia
- Baker, J. C., Isbell, J., Wendt, J., & Wilson, B. (2014, in press). V-SPACE: Virtual spaces for accessing content in English. International Journal for Technology in Teaching and Learning.
- Baker, J. C., Isbell, J., Wendt, J., & Wilson, B. (2013). V-SPACE: Virtual spaces for accessing content in English. Proceedings of the Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education International Conference.
- Baker, J. C., & Fidan, I. (2013). Designing the future: Integrating cutting-edge design and manufacturing tools into 9th and 10th grade STEM education. Proceedings of the American Society for Engineering Education conference.
- Chitiyo, M., Chitiyo, G., Chitiyo, J., Oyedele, V. I., Makoni, R., Fonnah, D. J., & Chipangure, L. (2014). Understanding the nature and causes of problem behavior in Zimbabwe schools: Teacher perceptions. International Journal of Inclusive Education.
- Chitiyo G., Chitiyo, M., & Musiyarira, A. (July, 2013). Special education research: methods of data analysis for small samples and single subject studies. Proceedings of the 13th Biennial Conference of the International Association of Special Education Conference, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- Geist, M., Larimore, D., Al Sager, A., & Rawiszer, H. (in press) Flipped versus traditional instruction and achievement in a baccalaureate nursing pharmacology course. Nursing Education Perspectives.
- Isbell, J. K. (2013). “Who are you to judge me?”: What we can learn from low-income, rural early school leavers.” In P. C. Gorski & J. Landsman (Eds.), The Poverty and Education Reader: A Call for Equity in Many Voices. Sterling, VA: Stylus Publishing.
- Kolodziej, N. (2013). ReadWriteThink - A Free Online Resource to Support Literacy. Tennessee Reading Teacher, 40(2).
- Roe, B., Kolodziej, N., Stoodt-Hill, B., & Burns, P. (2013). Secondary school literacy instruction: The content areas (11th ed.). Belmont, CA: Wadsworth, Cengage Learning. ISBN-13: 978-12-285-08533-3.
- Stein, B., Haynes, A., & Redding, M. (2013). Expanding use of the CAT: Assessing & improving critical thinking. Proceedings of the 2013 TUES Principal Investigators (PIs) Conference, Transforming Undergraduate Education in STEM: Building a Community to Transform Undergraduate STEM Education, AAAS/NSF.
- Swafford, M., Wingate, K., Zagumny, L., & D. Richey. (submitted). Families in poverty: Perceptions of Family-Centered Practices. Journal of Early Intervention.
- Swafford, M., & Bailey, S., (May 2014, in press). Positive environments enhance student learning and behavior. Techniques.
- Zagumny, L., Baker, J. C., & Bishop, T. (2014, in press). Neoliberal assessments and the rise of the educator preparation program enterprise. In M. Abendroth & B. Porfolio (Eds), School against neoliberal rule. Information Age Press.