Exercise Science Club
The mission of the Tennessee Tech Exercise Science Major’s Club is to provide opportunities for all members to exhibit integrity, leadership and professionalism to achieve success in the fields of Exercise Science, Physical Education and Wellness.
The purpose of the organization is as follows:
- To promote unity among/between Exercise Science majors, departmental faculty, and the community.
- To offer support and encouragement to undergraduate and graduate students in the major of Exercise Science.
- To provide service to majors of Exercise Science, the University, the community and the profession.
- To advocate for all professional fields in the area of Exercise Science.
- To conduct regular informational and organizational meetings and social events.
Membership in the Exercise Science Major’s Club is open to all students, undergraduate and graduate alike, in all concentration areas of the Exercise Science Major.
- Membership dues are $10.00 per academic year.
- For an additional $15.00, members can gain student membership into a professional organization, either:
Student officers coming soon:
- Vice-President/Fitness & Wellness
- Vice-President/Pre OT/PT
- Projects Coordinator
- Historians (2)
- Intramural Teams Coordinator
The club will meet once per calendar month throughout the academic year beginning in September of each year. Meeting will be held in room Memorial Gym 107 on the second Tuesday of each month at 11:00am. Members are expected to attend at least 3 meetings per semester to retain “active” membership status.
Officers will meet on the 1st Tuesday of each month in room 107 of Memorial Gym at 11:00am, unless the President alerts the officers that a meeting will not be necessary. Additionally, officers will meet for a planning meeting in August and January of each academic year, and will participate in a retreat in the Fall and Spring semester.
All members of the Exercise Science Major’s Club will conduct themselves in a manner that represents the organization, department and university in a professional manner. Failure to comply will result in membership being revoked and all privileges and dues paid will be forfeited for the remainder of the academic year.