Tennessee Tech University music graduates achieve career excellence nationally and internationally.
As music educators, TTU graduates have . . .
- become school band, choral, and orchestra directors and classroom music teachers in 26 states;
- become professors or administrators at 70 universities and colleges;
- received graduate fellowships at 50 universities and schools of music;
- led state-wide professional associations;
- become directors of music for major metropolitan school districts.
As performers, TTU graduates have . . .
- recorded albums for major artists in all styles, and sound tracks for major television shows, motion pictures and video games;
- been awarded the recording industry's "Certified Platinum" for more than a million albums sold;
- worked as performers and conductors with many professional orchestras and opera companies, including the Vienna, Berlin and Brazil Philharmonics; the Atlanta, Baltimore, Knoxville, Nashville and London Symphony Orchestras; and the Houston Grand Opera, Lyric Opera, and Metropolitan Opera companies;
- worked with touring groups and shows, for all major cruise lines, and at most major theme parks in the U.S. and in Japan and Hong Kong;
- been members of all of the military bands in Washington, D.C., and at West Point and Annapolis;
- performed live with dozens of the world's best-known performers and entertainers.
TTU Graduates have also become ...
- a music executive for a major cruise line;
- a Grammy-nominated recording engineer and producer;
- a world-renowned instrument designer/maker;
- successful church music directors, music librarians, authors, composers, arrangers, music therapists and Fulbright scholars.