Make a Gift to Music
Thank you for considering giving to the Music Department!
We take great pride in our students, faculty, and staff members, and in the success of the programs we offer. Even with such fine programs, we find ourselves with needs beyond those provided for by current funding.
Perhaps the best way to show your support is by joining the Friends of TTU Music. To do so, simply complete the Friends of TTU Music enrollment form. Please complete the form, print it, and mail it back with any size donation for the objective of your choice. It’s easy!
As you consider how you can help, here are a few areas where Art and Music at TTU needs your support.
|Band Program||Choral Program||Orchestra Program|
|All-Steinway School Fund||Music Education||Organ Maintenance Fund|
Individual instrument or voice studio of your choice
SPECIFIC AND CURRENT NEEDS IN MUSIC:
- INSTRUMENTS ($500 - $5,000 and up)
- For its 2015 Centennial Campaign, the University has prioritized making Tennessee Tech an All-Steinway School to underscore our emphasis on quality. This project will likely be a multi-year effort to make our pianos match the quality of our music students and to draw in new students. Meanwhile, band, orchestral, and music education instruments are being upgraded, and our wonderful Schantz pipe organ must be maintained and upgraded.
- BAND UNIFORMS ($50 - $450)
- Replacement uniforms for the Golden Eagle Marching Band are almost always needed. Parts of the uniform include the hat, shako (feathers), trousers, and coat.
- SCHOLARSHIPS ($500 - $2,000)
- Over the years, numerous alumni and friends have established scholarships in the names of a beloved teacher or family member, either living or deceased, to help needy and promising students. Some scholarships are one-time gifts while others are in the form of an endowment that maintains itself in perpetuity. Scholarships and awards are an important element in attracting and retaining the best vocal, instrumental, piano, composition, and jazz students. With the recent growth in the number of music students, additional scholarships are sought.
- CLASSROOM EQUIPMENT ($25 - $1,000)
- Everything from markers to music stands to microphones to computer monitors receives constant use from our hard-working students. Every gift, large or small, is deeply appreciated by everyone it touches.
- FACULTY DEVELOPMENT ($100 - $1,000)
- Professional travel takes the faculty to conferences and clinics in the next county and across the country. Help our renowned faculty members keep current in their particular areas of research and instruction and able to share their expertise with colleagues in the public schools and on other campuses.
Please know that University Development is careful to honor your generosity by directing your donation where you wish it to go.
If you would like to make an online donation usign your credit card, choose the Giving Online to Tennessee Tech page. Choose "Other" as your gift designation, and then you can specify one of the options listed above. if you would like assistance, please contact Anne Thurmond, Interim Chair, at email@example.com or call 931-372-3161.