Office of Teacher Education
College of Education
Tennessee Tech University
Box 5092 • Cookeville, TN 38505
Fax: (931) 372-6286
Phone : (931) 372-6407
Email : PEdmonds@tntech.edu
MAIN CAMPUS DEADLINES:
Fall: August 1st
Spring: January 5th
Summer: May 1st
2+2 PROGRAM DEADLINES:Intent to Participate:
March 1, 2018Teacher Ed Application:
April 20, 2018Interview Request Form:
April 20, 2018Student Planner Form:
April 20, 2018Full Admission to the 2+2 Program:
June 15, 2018
STUDENTS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REGISTER FOR OR OBTAIN PERMITS FOR ANY UPPER DIVISION CLASSES UNTIL THEY ARE FULLY ADMITTED TO THE TEACHER EDUCATION PROGRAM. A PRE-REQ/TEST CODE ERROR WILL BE GIVEN DURING REGISTRATION IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN FULLY ADMITTED.
All students (including non-degree seeking) who are pursuing teacher licensure must be admitted to the Teacher Education Program.
The requirements for admission to the Teacher Education Program will differ depending on your program path.
Please be sure to follow the requirements that apply to you in the correct section below. If you are unsure of which requirements you need to follow, please check with your academic advisor.
>> UNDERGRADUATE REQUIREMENTS
- The undergraduate admission process applies to students pursuing a bachelor’s degree and transfer students that received the AS or AAS Degrees from a community college.
- In order to obtain full admission to the program, you must complete all requirements for undergraduate admission.
- Click here to view Undergraduate Admission Requirements
>> AST DEGREE REQUIREMENTS
- Students who completed the AST (Associate Science in Teaching) Degree through a community college will have completed some requirements previously in order to obtain their AST degree.
- In order to complete full admission to the Teacher Education Program at Tennessee Tech University students must show proof of having been awarded the AST Degree (this will be listed on official transcripts) as well as complete the requirements for admission with an AST Degree.
- Click here to view the AST Degree Admission Requirements
>> POST-BACCALAUREATE REQUIREMENTS
- A post-baccalaureate student is someone who already has a bachelors or higher degree.
- Post-baccalaureates are allowed to take up to 12 undergraduate hours during their first attending semester OR up to 9 graduate hours during their first attending semester without being fully admitted to the program. However, the application, interview process, and background check are required BEFORE registration of the first attending semester.
- A post-baccalaureate student will have only ONE semester to complete ALL remaining requirements for admission to the Teacher Education program.
- Click here to view the Post-baccalaureate Admission Requirements
>> OCCUPATIONAL LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
- All students pursuing teacher licensure must be admitted to the Teacher Education Program. That includes individuals pursuing an Occupational License.
- Click here to view the Occupational License Admission Requirements
>> HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT ADMISSION TO THE TEACHER EDUCATION PROGRAM?
- If you have a question regarding your GPA, upper division course registration, the interview process, testing requirements, or the background check process, please review our admission to Teacher Education frequently asked questions page by clicking here.
>> COURSES REQUIRING ADMISSION TO THE TEACHER EDUCATION PROGRAM
- To view courses that require admission to the Teacher Education Program, please click here.
PLEASE NOTE: POTENTIAL CANDIDATES WHO HAVE BEEN DISMISSED FROM TENNESSEE TECH UNIVERSITY'S TEACHER EDUCATION PROGRAM CANNOT BE ADMITTED/READMITTED INTO THE LICENSURE PROGRAM FOR THREE (3) CONSECUTIVE SEMESTERS (INCLUDING SUMMER).