Background Check: Clinical Practice Requirement
Background Check for Clinical Practice
If you completed the criminal background check process for admission to the Teacher Education Program, YOU WILL NOT need to complete this step again. A second report is not required UNLESS otherwise requested by our office or if there is a break in service by the student.
Criminal background checks from outside agencies WILL NOT be accepted. The background check must be completed through the Office of Teacher Education-- NO EXCEPTIONS.
Please be aware that we DO NOT release copies of background check information. The TBI/FBI does not consider secondary dissemination of background check reports to be current or valid.
Tennessee Code Annotated 49-5-5610 requirements for entering teacher training programs.
All students wishing to enter approved teacher training programs shall be required to:
1. Supply a fingerprint sample and submit to a criminal history records check to be conducted by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI): and
2. Agree that the TBI may send information indicating the results of the criminal history records check to the TTU Office of Teacher Education. The results will indicate whether the applicant has a criminal conviction that would result in automatic revocation of a teacher's license pursuant to this chapter and under Tennessee Rules of State Board of Education.
All students applying for a teaching program must complete the following steps to obtain the required criminal background check and fingerprinting:
1. Complete the Background Check Authorization Form and return to the address or fax number listed on the form. This form must have your signature or else it will not be accepted!!
2. Go to the IdentoGO by MorphoTrust USA website and click the link for "Online Scheduling".
3. When registering online please select the following:
1. Select the agency as “Non-DCS Child Care Providers/Adoption Providers”
2. Select the type of application as “Child-Related Worker (Private)”
3. Enter ORI Number as TNCC71018
4. Please include YOUR FULL LEGAL name when registering.
4. Schedule a fingerprinting appointment at one of the locations nearest to you during your registration process. You can view available locations here.
5. Payment options will be presented at the end of the online registration process (Options: Money Order, eCheck, Cashier’s check, Visa or Mastercard). The cost is $38.
6. Please be aware, if your results come in showing a "reason to preclude you as a candidate", a meeting will be required and further action may need to be taken on your part.
What to bring:
You will need a State or Federal government-issued photo identification and your registration number. You must also provide either a payment confirmation number or a money order.
IMPORTANT NOTICE!!! PLEASE READ:
BACKGROUND CHECK RESULTS MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE DESIGNATED DEADLINE! Otherwise you will NOT be permitted to take any upper division classes. If you register for an upper division class, then you can be ADMINISTRATIVELY DROPPED if your results are not received in time