1. What is Tk20?
Tk20 is a comprehensive data management system that allows students to be active online participants in multiple areas of their college experience including: course instruction, field experience, and academic advising.
2. When will this data management system take effect?
All students, regardless of affiliated major and college, enrolled courses requiring Tk20 must purchase an account and submit the appropriate coursework.
All College of Education syllabi also reflect any Tk20 requirements. Additional Tk20 information is located on various College of Education websites.
3. Why do I have to purchase Tk20?
You will be asked to access Tk20 for a variety of tasks, including coursework, clinical experiences (Ex: Practicum, Residency, Internships), portfolio-building and edTPA tasks, and key program assessments.
4. Why do I have to pay for Tk20? Why doesn’t the College of Education pay for it?
The College of Education made a considerable investment in the software, server space, and modules. The College will continue to support the system on an annual basis, while the student only has to pay one time for access to the system for seven (7) years.
5. What will Tk20 cost and where do I purchase it?
There are two locations to purchase your Tk20 account:
- Tk20: $103.00. Click on the link in the bottom left hand side of the page that states, “Click here to purchase or register your student account.”
- University Bookstore, Roaden University Center: $133.00. Financial aid will pay for the subscription like a textbook when purchased through the bookstore. You will register your account on the Tk20 Login page. Click on the link in the bottom left hand side of the page that states, “Click here to purchase or register your student account.”
You will purchase Tk20 only once. The account will be active for seven (7) years from the date of purchase.
6. What if I don’t get an email from Tk20 with my login information after purchasing my subscription?
As stated when purchasing your account, your Tk20 account will be activated within 2-3 business days. If you don’t receive an email after this period, you should first check your Junk and/or Spam email folders for an email from Tk20. Also, attempt to log in a few times with your iLearn username and password. Sometimes your account is activated even if you did not receive an email.
If you still have not received the email and cannot log in, contact the Tk20 Unit Administrator.
7. What is my Tk20 username and password?
Use the same username and password as your iLearn and TTU student email accounts. Do not enter your T-number!
Contact campus ITS if you are have issues with your username and password. (Changing/updating your password through ITS will also affect your iLearn and email passwords.)
8. Is Tk20 available on both Macs and PCs?
Tk20 is a web-based product that is accessible to both Mac and PC users.
9. How much storage space do students have?
You will have ample space for all student work. Check with your instructors about any file size limits for specific assignments.
10. Is the system secure and confidential?
Yes, Tk20 is secure and confidential. No one will have access to your files except you, your instructors, and advisors.
11. I need a refund, what do I do?
Tk20 will offer refunds for student subscriptions per the following policy:
- For accounts completely unused, and a refund is requested within 30 days of purchase: full refund.
- For accounts completely unused, and a refund is requested between 31 days and 6 months of purchase: 50% refund.
- No refunds will be issued for used accounts and/or after six months of purchase under any condition.
If you feel that you are eligible for a refund, please fill out the online Tk20 Refund Request.
12. I am having trouble logging in/ completing my assignment/ uploading files in Tk20.
Please refer to the online Tk20 tutorials for guidance. The tutorials cover common problems in Tk20. If you continue to experience problems, please contact the Learning Resources Center (LRC) (Foundation Hall 173; phone: 931-372-3856) or email the Tk20 Unit Administrator.
13. How do I locate any pending assignments from my professors?
Assignments will appear in the “Pending Tasks” area of your Home tab; they are indicated by a link for each assignment. Optionally, you can find pending coursework by clicking on Courses in the side menu.
14. What do I do if one of my courses does not appear in Tk20?
The Tk20 system is updated on a regular basis and if your course is not currently displayed it may appear in a few days. Please contact the Tk20 Unit Administrator if the issue persists.
15. Who do I contact if I have a general question about Tk20?