If you need assistance or have questions, please contact:
|Degree Works Support||DegreeWorks@tntech.edu|
- Important Info -
Degree Works does not replace the requirement to meet with your advisor.
*** Special Note ***
Agriculture, Art, Human Ecology, Music and Psychology majors
Students in these majors may have a term displayed differently than when they entered into the program—agriculture, art, human ecology, music and psychology.
Beginning with the fall 2013 term, the College of Agriculture and Human Sciences separated into the College of Agriculture and Human Ecology and the School of Nursing; as a result, student terms were updated.
Beginning with the fall 2017 term, the departments of Art and Music separated into the College of Fine Arts and the Psychology department moved from the College of Arts and Sciences to the College of Education. The catalog terms have been updated for Psychology majors and the associated majors in the College of Fine Arts.
Degree Works is an academic advising and degree audit tool that helps assist advisors and students track their degree progress in real-time.
For students, Degree Works:
- Provides real-time advice and counsel
- Speeds time to graduation
- Provides intuitive web access to self-service capabilities
- Streamlines the graduation process
- Allows direct access to multiple related services and advice through hyperlinks to catalog information, class schedules, transcripts, help desk services, and FAQs
For advisors, Degree Works:
- Supports real-time delivery of academic advice through intuitive web interfaces
- Minimizes errors through consistent degree plans
- Supports more timely degree certification
- Reduces paperwork and manual program check sheets
- Supports and monitors unique program changes
- "What-If" analysis - Thinking of changing your Major or concentration? Try a "What-If" analysis to help you decide
- Advisor notes - enables advisors to quickly and easily place notes for the student and the advice given
- Look ahead - dynamically shows how degree progress is affected by future planned courses (coming soon...)
- GPA calculator - See how final grades may affect the overall GPA
- Still Need Courses- Hyperlinks that tells info about the course, proficiency intensives, etc.