If you need assistance or have questions, please contact:
|Degree Works Support||DegreeWorks@tntech.edu|
- Important Info -
Degree Works does not replace the requirement to meet with your advisor.
Students whose catalog term is prior to Fall 2011 will not have an audit. A "What-If" worksheet may be generated based on a catalog that is available in the catalog year drop-down menu.
*** Special Note ***
Agriculture, Human Ecology and Nursing majors
Students in these majors who were admitted to the University (or changed majors prior to fall 2013) will not have the correct term displayed in the audit unless they plan to graduate using the 2013-14 Undergraduate Catalog. Beginning with the fall 2013 term, the College of Agricultural and Human Sciences separated into the College of Agriculture and Human Ecology and the School of Nursing; as a result, student terms were updated for the change in the programs. Students who are following the 2011 or 2012 catalog may run a what-if analysis to view their progress toward degree completion.
Degree Works is an academic advising and degree audit tool that helps assist advisors and students track their degree progress in real-time.
For students, Degree Works:
- Provides real-time advice and counsel
- Speeds time to graduation
- Provides intuitive web access to self-service capabilities
- Streamlines the graduation process
- Allows direct access to multiple related services and advice through hyperlinks to catalog information, class schedules, transcripts, help desk services, and FAQs
For advisors, Degree Works:
- Supports real-time delivery of academic advice through intuitive web interfaces
- Minimizes errors through consistent degree plans
- Supports more timely degree certification
- Reduces paperwork and manual program check sheets
- Supports and monitors unique program changes
- "What-If" analysis - Thinking of changing your Major or concentration? Try a "What-If" analysis to help you decide
- Advisor notes - enables advisors to quickly and easily place notes for the student and the advice given
- Look ahead - dynamically shows how degree progress is affected by future planned courses (coming soon...)
- GPA calculator - See how final grades may affect the overall GPA
- Still Need Courses- Hyperlinks that tells info about the course, proficiency intensives, etc.