Office of the Registrar

Withdrawal Process

Withdrawal (from the University) - Effective Summer 2018

  1. Students who wish to withdraw from the University during a semester must submit a formal written application (including signature) to the Office of the Registrar. If no administrative holds have been assigned to the student account, such as a disciplinary hold, student requesting to withdraw will receive a grade of "W" in all courses if an official, signed withdrawal application is received by the Office of the Registrar.  The withdrawal application must be received by the Office before or on the last day of classes as specified in Tennessee Tech’s Academic Calendar.
  2. Students who do not timely submit a formal written application (including signature) to the Office of the Registrar will receive a grade of F in each course for which they are registered.  Applications for withdrawal will not be considered if received after the last day of classes as specified in the Academic Calendar
  3. If a student withdraws from classes and receives a “W” grade, the student does not need to apply for readmission if he/she is attending the very next Fall or Spring semester.  If the student is skipping a Fall or Spring semester, he/she must apply for readmission (no fee) and can do so the very same day. 
  4. If a student withdraws from all classes during the time period which the transcript will not reflect a W, he/she must apply for readmission (no fee) and can do so the very same day.  Students withdrawing from summer term do not need to reapply if they plan to attend classes in the fall.
  5. In the summer term, if a grade has been earned during any of the sessions, the withdrawal will be treated as a drop of a course rather than withdrawal so that the grade earned will not be voided by the withdrawal. If withdrawal/drop has been processed in the summer term and the student wishes to register for a later summer session, the student must go to the Office of the Registrar.
  6. The refund policies for the University can be found on the Bursar’s web page.