College of Engineering
Each year during the third week in February, the College of Engineering participates in National Engineers Week (EWeek): a week where we celebrate how engineers make a difference in our world. The Tech Engineering Joint Council (EJC) hosts this yearly event with a week full of challenges in which the engineering departments compete for points. Students can earn points for their departments by participating. The department with the most points at the end of the week received the Best Darn Major award and bragging rights until next year's EWeek!
Engineering Joint Council
2022 Event Schedule
- Cardboard Canoe Race – Sunday, February 20th at Marc Burnette Fitness Center, 6:00 p.m.
- Egg Drop – Monday, February 21st in Prescott 215, 5:30 p.m.
- Teams of 5 from each respective major will build a contraption to keep an egg from getting cracked while being dropped from a high point. All materials provided at the event.
- Dodgeball – Monday, February 21st at Mac Gym, Marc Burnette Fitness Center, time TBD
- Teams of 5, competing in the standard, dodgeball format.
- Tug-O-War – Tuesday, February 22nd at The Quad, 11:00 a.m.
- Teams of 5 from each department, competing in the typical tug-o-war event.
- Quiz Bowl – Tuesday, February 22nd in Johnson 308, 6:30 p.m.
- Relay Race – Wednesday, February 23rd at entrance to Brown, 3:30 p.m.
- STEM Center Outreach Event – Wednesday, February 23rd at Oakley STEM Center. 5:00 p.m. (sign up here)
- Engineering Banquet – Thursday, February 24th in Oakley STEM Center lobby, 6:00 p.m.
- A banquet honoring alumni, faculty, and students which concludes E-Week 2022. RSVP for the banquet RSVP by Thursday, Feb. 24 at 6 p.m. at https://tf.tntech.edu/machform/view.php?id=1253689
To participate in these events, students can sign up prior to the start of competition at each location. For more information, please contact the Engineering Joint Council at firstname.lastname@example.org.