Each year during the third week in February, the College of Engineering participates in National Engineers Week (EWeek): a week where we celebrate how engineers make a difference in our world. The Tech Engineering Joint Council (EJC) hosts this yearly event with a week full of challenges where the engineering departments compete for points. The department with the most points at the end of the week received the Best Darn Major award and bragging rights until next year's EWeek.
Engineering Joint Council
2020 Event Schedule
- and Mrs. Engineer Coin Drop – Begins Monday, February 17th at 9:00am and concludes Wednesday, February 19th at 4:00pm in department offices
- Donating coins to one’s respective major. Coins equals points. The department with the most points wins the coin drop and the department’s Mr. and Mrs. Engineering Representatives take the crown!
- Water Bottle Raft Racing - Monday, February 17th at the Fit Pool from 6:30pm – 8:00pm
- Relay race involving a raft made of recyclable, plastic bottles. Each department will be required to bring their own bottles to build their raft. An email was sent out a few weeks ago regarding this event.
- Dodgeball – Monday, February 17th at Mem Gym Court C from 8:00pm – 9:00pm
- Teams of 5, competing in the standard, dodgeball format. Links for registering will be sent momentarily
- Egg Drop - Tuesday, February 18th at Sherlock Park during DEAD HOUR
- Teams of 5, build a contraption to keep an egg from getting cracked while being dropped from a high point
- Tug-O-War – Tuesday, February 18th at Sherlock Park during DEAD HOUR
- Teams of 5, competing in the typical tug-o-war event
- Building Night – Tuesday, February 18th in Clement 212 from 6:30pm – 9:00pm
- A 2 in 1 event, where teams will build different structures to achieve a goal
- Game Night – Wednesday, February 19th in Prescott 215 from 7:00pm – 9:00pm
- Different video game stations where students will compete for the highest score
- Chili Cook Off – Wednesday, February 19th in Prescott 215 beginning at 7:00pm
- Professors will be the guest judges to taste and score each Chili
- Banquet – Thursday, February 20th in the RUC Multi-Purpose Room
- A banquet honoring alumni, faculty, and students which concludes E-Week 2020