College of Engineering
- The mission of the College of Engineering is to provide a balanced academic environment of teaching, research, and service to prepare career-ready engineering, computing, and technology professionals.
Strategic Goal ONE Education for Life
- Incorporate multiple experiential learning opportunities in all undergraduate programs.
- Create a Tech-unique general education curriculum to provide the foundation for technologically
adept, analytically capable, career-ready graduates.
Increase student diversity.
- Develop and expand experiences that emphasize diversity and build global awareness, such as international travel, study abroad, and other high impact practices.
- Develop innovative, stackable credentials, and associated pathways responsive to stakeholder needs and entrepreneurial opportunities.
Strategic Goal TWO Innovation in All We Do
- Every college will develop and implement technologically infused programs.
- Increase research, scholarly activities, and intellectual and creative contributions aligned with university, college, and departmental strategic priorities.
- Implement specific strategies, structures, and resources to serve adult learners and offer online/hybrid delivery systems to increase accessibility, expand our reach, and enhance our impact and reputation.
- Recruit, hire, retain, and reward a diverse faculty/staff with a demonstrated commitment to collaboration, external engagement, and lifelong learning.
Strategic Goal THREE Exceptional Stewardship
- Improve efficiency and effectiveness of operational/administrative processes and procedures.
- Increase the size and effectiveness of scholarship endowments.
- Continue to develop, implement and evaluate a dynamic long-term budget model that informs effective financial management and consistent strategic investment.
Strategic Goal FOUR Engagement for Impact
- Develop new strategically driven sustainable partnerships.
- Modernize, adapt, and create academic programs, continuing education certificates, and training activities responsive to impactful engagement.
- Create and support a network of scholars to evaluate community engagement topics and opportunities.
- Increase alumni and friend engagement and impact.
- Support economic development to transform and sustain a thriving hub for innovation, creativity, and employment opportunities.