College Strategic Plan
The Tennessee Tech University College of Engineering Strategic Plan sets our course to 2020 through the articulation of our vision, core values, and goals. The faculty, staff, students, administration and alumni, in collaboration with industry and government leaders, developed a shared plan which includes the pathway forward. Our vision is ambitious and exciting. Our core values ASPIRE to greatness will guide us towards our goal in making the strategic plan a reality each day. It will take a collaborative effort of our leadership team, outstanding faculty, incredible staff, talented students, our dedicated alumni AND stakeholders like you. Join us in our journey toward revolutionizing engineering education at Tennessee Tech University.
Our Vision, Mission and Core Values are as follows:
VISION: 21st Century Renaissance Engineers Revolutionizing Engineering to Solve Societal
MISSION: To graduate innovative engineers who solve technological challenges to meet societal needs.
CORE VALUES: The college core values underscore and support its vision and mission through its commitment to ASPIRE to greatness.
- AIM HIGH: We aim for the highest levels of excellence in teaching and scholarship.
- STUDENTS FIRST: We place the interest of the students first.
- PROFESSIONALISM: We foster high standards of integrity and professionalism.
- INNOVATION: We strive continuously for innovations through research to attain excellence in everything we do.
- RECOGNITION: We recognize efforts that accelerate us towards our vision.
- EMINENCE: We drive towards attaining eminence in engineering education and research.
Focue Areas and Goals
Focus Area 1: Technical Leadership
Goal One: Our engineering students learn to solve technological problems that are of societal
Goal Two: Our College engages in research and innovation as the vehicle to support the teacher-scholar/student-scholar model.
Focus Area 2: Professional Leadership
Goal Three: Our talented faculty and staff provide the scholarly direction for engineering excellence, and our motivated students achieve proven successful results in the workplace.
Goal Four: The College is nationally recognized for its leadership in education, research and innovation.
Focus Area 3: Global Leadership
Goal Five: The College of Engineering achieves global leadership through key partnerships.