Nominations are being sought for the following College of Engineering Alumni Awards.
Computer Scientist of Distinction
Engineer of Distinction
Technologist of Distinction
Distinguished Young Alumni
Nominations are due October 1st of each year. Extended to October 15 for 2018.
Eligibility: Eligible nominees must be an alumni of one of the University's College of Engineering degree programs.
Computer Scientist and Technologist of Distinction award nominees must be an alumni of the degree program for the discipline for which they are being selected.
Distinguished Young Alumni award nominees must also have graduated after 2009, or be under the age of 40 on January 1, 2019.
1. Be an alumnus in good standing of the degree program for which they are being awarded;
2. Established an outstanding professional record;
3. Demonstrated distinguished service to their profession;
4. Exhibited an interest in and a dedication to the College and to the University through their time, talent, and/or money; and
5. Maintained a personal reputation for outstanding character and citizenship at either the local, state, or national level for a period of time sufficient in length to reflect, without reservation, great credit and honor upon the University, the College, and their profession.
Nominations: Nomination forms must be completed in their entirety and signed by the nominator. Forms must be submitted no later than October 1st to Beverley Nash at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nomination forms, including attachments, cannot exceed 10 pages. If more than 10 pages are submitted, the nomination will be sent back to the nominator who will be given an opportunity to resubmit.
- Selected candidates must be available to attend the presentation ceremony at the annual Engineers’ Week Banquet on February 21, 2019.
- Download nomination form here
- College of Engineering Alumni Awards Procedures