Engineering Alumni Awards
Nominations are being sought for the following College of Engineering Alumni Awards.
- Computer Scientist of Distinction
- Engineer of Distinction
- Technologist of Distinction
- Young Alumnus/na Achievement
Nominations are due October 1st of each year.
Eligibility: Eligible nominees must be an alumni of one of the University's College of Engineering degree programs.
Computer Scientist and Technologist of Distinction award nominees must be an alumni of the degree program for the discipline for which they are being selected.
Young Alumnus/na Achievement award nominees must also have graduated less than 10 years prior to January 1 the year they are nominated.
- Be an alumnus in good standing of the degree program for which they are being awarded;
- Established an outstanding professional record;
- Demonstrated distinguished service to their profession;
- Exhibited an interest in and a dedication to the College and to the University through their time, talent, and/or money; and
- Maintained a personal reputation for outstanding character and citizenship at either the local, state, or national level for a period of time sufficient in length to reflect, without reservation, great credit and honor upon the University, the College, and their profession.
Nominations: Nomination forms must be completed in their entirety and signed by the nominator. Forms must be submitted no later than October 1st to Beverley Nash at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nomination forms, including attachments, cannot exceed 10 pages. If more than 10 pages are submitted, the nomination will be sent back to the nominator who will be given an opportunity to resubmit.
- Selected candidates must be available to attend the presentation ceremony at the annual Engineers’ Week Banquet on Thursday of the third full week of February.
For the 2021 banquet, winners who are unable to attend in person will be asked to submit a video acceptance of their award, or call into the banquet via teleconference.
Past Recipients of the Computer Scientist of Distinction
Past Recipients of the Engineer of Distinction Award
Past Recipients of the Outstanding Alumni Award
Past Recipients of the Technologist of Distinction Award
Past Recipients of the Young Alumna Achievement Award