Jennifer A. Pascal, Ph.D.
Highest Degree University: Tennessee Technological University
PO Box: 5013
- Mathematical and computational modeling of electrical field-based cancer treatments
- Tumor treating fields
- Nanoparticle-based delivery
- Hyperthermia therapy
- Engineering Education
- Scaling in ChE transport pheonomena curriculum
- Introducing biomedical engineering concepts to non-engineers
- Biomedical engineering and underrepresented groups
• NIH Academic Science Education and Research Training Postdoctoral Fellow (ASERT), University of New Mexico, August 2011 - July 2013
• PhD, Engineering (concentration Chemical Engineering), Tennessee Technological University, 2011
• B.S., Chemical Engineering, Tennessee Technological University, 2006
SELECTED HONORS AND AWARDS
• Society for Mathematical Biology Travel Grant Award, 2013
• AIChE Separations Division Graduate Student Award, 2010
• Diversity Fellowship, Tennessee Technological University, 2007-2011
• Summer School in Biophysics for Oak Ridge National Laboratory Travel Fellowship, 2009
• American Electrophoresis Society Travel Grant Award, 2008
• 2nd Place for Poster Presentation in the National American Electrophoresis Society Meeting (in conjunction with AIChE annual meeting), 2007
• Selected to represent the College of Engineering in the Graduate School Executive Committee, 2007 - 2008
• AIChE/Donald F. and Mildred Topp Othmer National Scholarship, 2006 - 2007
• Pascal, Jennifer and Carlee Ashley, Zhihui Wang, Terisse Brocato, Joseph Butner, Eric Carnes, Eugene Koay and Jeff Brinker, Vittorio Cristini. "Mechanistic Modeling Identifies Drug-Uptake History as Predictor of Tumor Drug Resistance and Nanocarrier-Mediated-Response," ACS Nano (IF:12.062), 12 (2013): 11174-11182.
• Pascal, Jennifer, Elaine Bearer, Zhihui Wang, Eugene Koay, Steven A. Curley, and Vittorio Cristini. "Mechanistic Patient-Specific Predictive Correlation of Tumor Drug Response with Microenvironment and Perfusion Measurements." PNAS (IF: 9.737), 110 (2013): 14266-14271.
• Langner, Pamela, Michael Loewenberg, Jennifer Pascal, Arnaud Chauviere, Vittorio Cristini, Elaine Bearer. "Quantitative Measurements of Cargo-Motor Interactions During Axonal Transport." Physical Biology, 9 (2012): 055005 (Cover of journal issue).
• Pascal, Jennifer, Mario Oyanader, Pedro Arce. "Effect of Capillary Geometry on Predicting Electroosmotic Volumetric Flowrates in Porous Media." Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 378 (2012): 241.
• Pascal, Jennifer, Oyanader, Mario and Arce, Pedro. "Optimal Separation Times for Biomacromolecules in a Couette-based/Electrophoretic Separation Device: Effect of Capillary Wall Velocities." Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering, 88 (2010): 384.
• Pascal, Jennifer, Pedro Arce, Mario Oyanader, Sharon Sauer. "Electrokinetic Hydrodynamics (EKHD): A Much Needed Framework in Applied Sensitive Field Technologies." American Electrophoresis Society Newsletter, August 2009.
• Pascal, Jennifer, Ryan O'Hara, Mario Oyanader, Pedro Arce. "Optimal Separation Times for Electrical Field Flow Fractionation with Couette Flows." Electrophoresis 29 (2008): 4238.
• Arce, Pedro, Jennifer Pascal, Cynthia Torres. "The Soccer Ball Model: A Useful POK for Introducing Scaling Concepts in Continua." Chemical Engineering Education. 44 (Spring 2010): 111.
RECENT COURSES TAUGHT