Chemical Engineering Graduate Research Association
The Chemical Engineering Graduate Research Association (CEGRA) was organized in 2003 with the intent to promote chemical engineering graduate research and scholarship. Other purposes and objectives include:
- Promote graduate student interactions with the chemical engineering faculty, staff, fellow graduate students and undergraduate students
- Sponsor academic and social activities for the graduate students
- Enhance graduate student life
- Enhance alumni interactions with the department
- Act as a liaison between the industries and graduate students
Current officers: (2017)
President: Koteswara Rao Medidhi
Vice President: Babajide Y. Onanuga
Secretary: Xi Zhe 'Caeser' Ong
Treasurer: Abdulmajeed Altalhi
Faculty Advisor : Dr. Laura Chavez
- Organized 'Picnic in the Park' , a social gathering for the graduate students
- Two potlucks, one during spring-2016 and other during fall-2016
- Represented ChemE dept of Tech at the AIChE 2016 annual meeting and BMES 2016 conference.
- Interacted with the speakers who gave seminars as a part of the graduate seminar series.
Graduate students are encouraged to join the association.
CEGRA hosts an annual cookout for graduate students, ChE faculty and staff and their families.
Current Student Members (2016-2017)