ASME helps the global engineering community develop solutions to real world challenges. Founded in 1880 as the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, ASME is a not-for-profit professional organization that enables collaboration, knowledge sharing and skill development across all engineering disciplines, while promoting the vital role of the engineer in society. ASME codes and standards, publications, conferences, continuing education and professional development programs provide a foundation for advancing technical knowledge and a safer work.
ASME's mission is to serve global communities by advancing, disseminating and applying engineering knowledge for improving the quality of life; and communicating the excitement of engineering.
ASME aims to be the essential resource for mechanical engineers and other technical professionals throughout the world for solutions that benefit humankind.
In performing its mission, ASME adheres to these core values:
- Embrace integrity and ethical conduct
- Embrace diversity and respect the dignity and culture of all people
- Nurture and treasure the environment and our natural and man-made resources
- Facilitate the development, dissemination and application of engineering knowledge
- Promote the benefits of continuing education and of engineering education
- Respect and document engineering history while continually embracing change
- Promote the technical and societal contribution of engineers
Setting the Standard...
- In Engineering Excellence
- In Knowledge, Community & Advocacy
- For the benefit of humanity
The above is an excerpt from www.asme.org