- Dr. ChaBum Lee
- Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: Brown Hall (BRWN) 316
- Phone: (931) 372-6169
- Fax:(931) 372-6340
- Brown Hall 316
- 115 W. 10th Street
- Cookeville, TN 38505
- Optical metrology: laser/grating/knife-edge interferometry
- Precision instrumentations: atomic force microscopy/confocal microscopy/on-machine measurement system
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Efficiency Enhancement
- Hybrid manufacturing processes: subtractive/additive/MEMS
- Optomechatronics: sensors/actuators/control
- CSmart materials and structures; piezoelectric/energy harvesting materials/flexure mechanism
- Optical device design: diffractive optical devices/waveguides/light-concentrator
- Ph.D. (Mechatronics), Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, 2012
- M.S. (Mechatronics), Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, 2008
- B.S. (Mechanical Engineering), Chung-Ang University, 2006
- Research Assistant Professor at the University of South Carolina, 02/2014~07/2015.
- Postdoc Associate at the University of South Carolina, 07/2013~02/2014.
- Senior Researcher at LG Display Corp., 02/2012~07/2013.
- ChaBum Lee, Sun-Kyu Lee and Joshua A Tarbutton, “Positioning control effectiveness of optical knife edge displacement sensor-embedded monolithic precision stage,” Sens. Actuators A. 2015 (In print).
- ChaBum Lee and Joshua A Tarbutton, “Compliance and control characteristics of an additive manufactured-flexure stage,” Rev. Sci. Instrum. 86(4) 045107 (2015).
- ChaBum Lee and Joshua A. Tarbutton, “Electric poling-assisted additive manufacturing process for PVDF polymer-based piezoelectric device applications,” Smart Mater. Struct., Vol. 23, 095044, 2014 (Featured*).
- ChaBum Lee, Sun-Kyu Lee and Joshua A. Tarbutton, “Novel design and sensitivity analysis of displacement measurement system utilizing knife edge diffraction for nanopositioning stages,” Rev. Sci. Instrum. Vol. 85, 095113, 2014.
- ChaBum Lee, “Design and fabrication of diffractive light-condensing micro optical device with 1D and 2D lamellar grating structures,” Intl. J. Manuf. Eng., Vol. 2014, 101823, 2014.
- ChaBum Lee, “Total internal reflection-based high efficiency grating design for a metal-free polarizing filter applications using hybrid optimization procedure,” Adv. Opt. Technol., Vol. 2014, 292010, 2014.
- ChaBum Lee and Sun-Kyu Lee, “Multi-degree-of-freedom motion error measurement in an ultraprecision machine using laser encoder–Review,” J. Mech. Sci. Technol., Vol. 27, No.1, pp. 141-152, 2013.
- ChaBum Lee, Gyu-Ha Kim and Sun-Kyu Lee, “Uncertainty investigation of grating interferometry in six Degree-of-freedom motion error measurements,” Int. J. Prec. Eng. Manuf., Vol. 13, No. 9, pp. 1509-1515, 2012.
- ChaBum Lee, Gyu-Ha Kim and Sun-Kyu Lee, “Design and construction of a single unit multi-function optical encoder for a six-degree-of-freedom motion error measurement in an ultraprecision linear stage,” Meas. Sci. Technol., Vol. 22, 105901, 2011.
- Jin-Ho Kang, ChaBum Lee, Jae-Young Joo and Sun-Kyu Lee, “Phase-locked loop based on machine surface topography measurement using lensed fibers,” Appl. Opt., Vol. 50, pp. 460-467, 2011.