Dr. Jiahong Zhu
- Email: JZhu@tntech.edu
- Office: Brown Hall (BRWN) 116
- Phone: (931) 372-3186
- Fax:(931) 372-6340
Brown Hall 224
115 W. 10th Street
Cookeville, TN 38505
- Rechargeable Metal-Air Battery
- Solid Oxide Fuel Cell
- High-Temperature Materials/Coatings
- Energy Storage Materials/Devices
- B.S. - Mechanical Engineering, Northeast Heavy-Machinery Institute, 1988
- M.S. - Materials Science and Engineering, Shanghai University, 1991
- Ph.D. - Materials Science and Engineering, University of Tennessee, 1998
RECENT WORKS/PROJECTS ACCOMPLISHED
- “Sm0.5Sr0.5CoO3-d - A New Bi-functional Catalyst for Rechargeable Metal-Air Battery Applications”, with S. Velraj, Journal of Power Sources, 227, p. 48-52, 2013.
- “Effect of Microstructure on the Performance of a Zn-Al Alloy Anode for Zn-Air Battery Application”, with A.D. Martin, ECS Electrochemistry Letters, 1(1), p. A13-A16, 2012.
- "Effect of Current Collecting Materials on the Performance of the Double-Perovskite Sr2MgMoO6-δ Anode", with Z.H. Bi,Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 158(6), p.B605-B613 (2011).
- “A Process to Synthesize (Mn,Co)3O4 Spinel Coatings for Protecting SOFC Interconnect Alloys”, with M.J. Lewis,Electrochemical and Solid-State Letters, 14, p.B9-B12, 2011.
- “Cu1−xPdx/CeO2-impregnated Cermet Anodes for Direct Oxidation of Methane in LaGaO3-Electrolyte Solid Oxide Fuel Cells”, with Z.H. Bi, Journal of Power Sources, 195, p.3097-3104, 2010.
- “Effect of Sr and Mg Doping on the Property and Performance of the La1-xSrxGa1-yMgyO3-d Electrolyte”, with X.C. Lu, Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 155(5), B494-B503, 2008.