- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: Brown Hall (BRWN) 110
- Phone: (931) 372-3274
- Fax:(931) 372-6340
Brown Hall 224
115 W. 10th Street
Cookeville, TN 38505
- Solid Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics
- Dynamics and Vibrations
- B.S. in Applied Mathematics from Lafayette College in 1964,
- M.S. in Engineering Mechanics from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in 1967,
- Ph.D. in Engineering Mechanics from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in 1969.
He Joined the TTU faculty in January, 1969. He has taught a wide variety of undergraduate and graduate courses, supervised 60 M.S. theses, and supervised 28 Ph.D. dissertations. He has conducted research involving mathematical modeling on numerous topics in solid mechanics, fluid mechanics, and dynamics and vibrations including multiphase flow, nonlinear vibrations, membrane wrinkling, rain erosion, combustion instability, friction stir welding, age forming, and dynamics of space teathers. This research has resulted in 90 journal publications together with a large number of conference proceedings papers, conference presentations, and technical reports. His research has been supported by the Army Missile Command, NASA, NCAM, NSF, the states of Tennessee and Mississippi, and several private companies. He has been honored to receive the TTU Sigma Xi Research Award, The TTU Caplenor Research Award, the TTU College of Engineering Kinslow Research Award, the TTU College of Engineering Brown/Henderson Outstanding Faculty Award, and to have served a term as treasurer of the Society of Engineering Science.