Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: Brown Hall (BRWN) 115
- Phone: (931) 372-3310
- Fax: (931) 372-6340
Brown Hall 115
115 W. 10th Street
Cookeville, TN 38505
- Modeling, estimation, and control of internal combustion engines and aftertreatment systems
- Vehicle dynamics and control
- Engine combustion with alternative/renewable fuels and petroleum fuels
- Hybrid electric powertrain control
- Advanced combustion mode control
- Automotive monitoring, sensor reduction, and fault diagnostics
- Model predictive control
- Fault-tolerant control
- Intelligent transportation system
- Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, The Ohio State University, 2014
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering, West Virginia University, 2010
- Bachelor of Engineering, Vehicle Engineering, Jilin University, 2008
RECENT WORKS/PROJECTS ACCOMPLISHED
- Hui Zhang, Pingen Chen, Junmin Wang, and Yue-Yun Wang, “Integrated Study of Inland-Vessel Diesel Engine Two-Cell SCR Systems with Dynamic References,” IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics (in press), 2016.
- P. Chen and J. Wang, "Estimation and Adaptive Nonlinear Model Predictive Control of Selective Catalytic Reduction Systems in Automotive Application," Journal of Process Control, vol. 40, pp. 78-92, 2016.
- P. Chen and J. Wang, "Coordinated Active Thermal Management and SCR Control for Simultaneous Fuel Economy Improvement and Emissions Reduction during Low-temperature Operations," Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, vol. 137, pp. 121001-1-11, 2015.
- J. Zhao, P. Chen, U. Ibrahim, and J. Wang, "Comparative Study and Accommodation of Biodiesel in Diesel-electric Hybrid Vehicles Coupled with Aftertreatment Systems," Asian Journal of Control, vol. 18, pp. 1-13, 2016.
- P. Chen and J. Wang, "Nonlinear Model Predictive Control of Integrated Diesel Engine and SCR System for Simultaneous Fuel Economy Improvement and Emissions Reduction," Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement, and Control, vol. 137, pp. 081008-13, 2015.