The CNC lab includes several CNC turning and milling machines. It is well equipped to support the CNC curriculum of Engineering Technology. The student will learn how to:
- Develop programs for CNC equipment manually and with CAD/CAM software.
- Setup and program CNC equipment.
- Convert information from CAD to CAM and to CNC G-code.
- Demonstrate analytical skills for the mathematics used in numerical control.
- Interface serial communications between CNC equipment and computers.
- Demonstrate writing, reading, analytical, and communication skills while developing projects and presentations.